Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Omaio to Te Araroa

Omaio to  Te Araroa 105 km

A bit of a cold morning with ice on the tent and bike. after sacking off most of the ice off the tent i head back down the little side road  that i came down yesterday until I get back on S.H 35. riding over larger rolling hills as i ride from one bay to the next with the odd hill  just to add to the fun the road leaves the coast at oruaiti beach  and heads inland  with a mix of short and sharp hill with some flat bits in there as well. after getting back to the coast at Hicks bay I flip over the pedaller's paradise book I and see that I have one last hill to climb over(the   pedaller's paradise book has where the hills are and other info in it) Why is it the larger s hill aways at the end of a long day? after going over the 140 m hill I stop at the only? camping ground around for the night it's a some what run down place that I think is over price at $14a night for what the is at the camp The cost to camp in nz has gone way up over the last few years with a lot of camping places charging $25 or more when it used to be $15-18 a night in a good camp site - all that I am looking for when I stay at a camping place is some where to put a tent  ( I don't need or want all the extras like sky tv or swimming pools(that are closed any way as it’s to cold to used)








No comments: