Tuesday, August 16, 2011

matata to opotiki

 matata to opotiki  71 km

After getting back onto S.H 2  I ride a long the road until I get to the town of Whakatane where I see the is a new walkway/cycleway along the river so I rode along it until I get in the center of tow. Out side the info center some older people on a bus trip ask me about my bike and what I have been on my trip. After riding around town for a bit I find the road that i want to take me out of town and start climbing out of town.after riding along a flat bit of road i head down hill to the town of Ohope before riding a round ohiwa harbor  stoping at a new walk way to take a break of the bike. back on the road I past though some small towns before getting to the town of Opotiki where I set up camp at the camping that i use when I  stay in town on my other bike trips







No comments: