Friday, August 12, 2011

dickey flat to tauranga

dickey flat to tauranga 85 km

after packing up my tent I rode back up the winding gravel road and on to the tar seal back to S.H 2  riding until I got to waikino train station (where there is a train to waihi and a cafe) where I had a late breakfast before riding onto waihi where I got food and water for the rest of the day riding over rolling hills for the rest of the day passing through the anthenree gorge and the town of katikati where is  a model logging dam and an over size rugby ball also lots of mural's on the walls around town. as I was coming in to the start of tauranga going back onto the road from a bike path I some how flipped my trailer on its side with a truck behind me after bringing the bike to a stop I got the bike trailer back on its wheels and went back to riding into  tauranga taking the long way to my friends place (after missing a turn)  getting there just after dark

No comments: