Friday, August 12, 2011

hamilton to paeroa 80km


hamilton to paeroa 80km

After leaving my friends place I head back into town for a bit of shopping before heading to morrinsville using my iphone in a few places to make sure that I was going the right way and was on the right road (even thought I used to live in Hamilton I could not remember the way in some places) riding on S.H 26 I take a short break in the town of waitoa where there is a nice rest area with info on the town past. at Te aroho I have a bit of a hunt town for the old rail bridge that has been rebuilt as part of a walk way. Riding from Te aroho to Paeoa  I see what's left of the disused rail line that was closed when the 9 km tunnel was open in19??. Getting into Paeroa just as the sun was starting to set I head to the info center to find a place to camp for the night only to find that paeroa don't seem to have any where to set up a tent in town after riding around town for a bit I end up setting up my tent near where campavan's are allow to stay over night not that I got that much sleep that night as some of the town's youth throw some suff at the tent (after I called out that I would call the police if they did not leave me along -  the youth's stopped throwing suff  and went some where elso)
















No comments: