Monday, July 18, 2011

Tielcey park to some where

Tielcey park to some where 90 km

After doing the last of the packing I say good bye to the two cat’s that I look after-a friend will be looking after then when I’m away. Getting on the road around 8:30 am I stop at the supper market to get some food for the day and a few other thing’s like toilet paper. Riding into town I do a few odd job's . Going to the info center to find out places to look out for on the days ride also to work out where to aim for to spend the night. Getting out of town around 10:30 I ride along S.H.3 riding up mt stewart where I stop at the rest area having a look at the country side from the look out . Riding thought the towns of Sanson and Bull’s. After Bull’s there is a few river valley’s to ride down into then back back up along the flat’s. Along the way there is an old block house from the time of the  maori land war? I stop to have a good look around the block house before getting back on the road. Around 5 km out of Wanganui I spot a sing? pointing to a camping ground down a side road so I go down the side road to the camping as it is starting to get dark. After getting some photos of the lake near the camp ground I get to the camp and  set up my tent up for the night








No comments: