Monday, July 25, 2011

some where to Te Kuiti

some where to Te Kuiti 103 km

After a bit of a late start as it is a cold and windy morning  as I get my gear pack up and have a look at the flat tire as it is a slow leek? I deside just to pump it up and want? until it gets a bit warmer before fixing it. Riding along over some rolling hill’s until I get to Mokau where I get some thing to eat and a hot drink to warm up after getting my water bottles full up as it’s last place to get water until the next shops at Piopio. After the town of Awakino the road heads away from the coast into the Awakino gorge with a easy climb of about 50m over 25 km leaving the gorge going thought an 50 m long one lane tunnel. The road has a mix of some small hills and some long steep hills to Piopio. After Piopio the road heads down hill with one last long climb up to the top of the last hill (who put that 150 m climb in the last 10 km of a 100 km day?)riding down the 2 km down hill in to the town of Te Kuiti I go and see my granddad for a bit and give my mum a call to say where I am. On the way out to my mums place I get some food for tea. Going down a short hill I nearly miss the drive way of my mum’s house as I cant remember the house number. After some  tea and some debugging of my mum’s laptop (non working web cam) I do some playing on my laptop before going to bed. 














No comments: