Thursday, July 21, 2011

Hawera to some where

Hawera to some where  67 km?
After saying good bye to my friend’s I head back into town to get for the day before heading out of town on S.H45 (all so called surf highway 45 as there is a lot of surf beaches just off the highway ) the days ride starter out with just over cast then the rain came and stay around all day (time to find out how good my wet weather gear is) it is winter after all. the road goes over rolling hills  though the odd small town. I keep ridding until I get to the town  of Opunake where I take a short rest off the bike before going thought some more small town’s(most of then a place name on a map and a few house’s) at one the town (Rahotu) I stop to get some hot food and to ask about some where to camp for the night as it is starting to get dark the person at the shop says that there is a rest area 5-10 km down the road so I keep riding until I get there - it is a nice rest area out of site of the road behind some trees and out of most of the wind after I set up my tent up for the night I go to sleep hearing the rain on the tent

No comments: