Tuesday, July 19, 2011

some where to patea

some where to patea 82 km 

Getting up and on the road by 8am I ride back along the side road that I came down last night until i get back to S.H.3 where I head into the city of wanganui .Finding a cafe near the banks I get some food and pay some bill's before riding along the river for a bit. By the river boat place there is an restored old river paddle steamer  moored  out side. A short stop at the info center to find out places to look out for along the day ride as I have not been this way before on a bike tour . There is a good clinb? out of town passing the winter garden's where there is a nice lake. The days riding is a  mix of some hills and some flat bit’s going though some small towns. Getting to the town of patea around 4 pm I spend some time in the libley? before riding down to the camp ground stoping at a look out to get some photos of the sun set. After  I set up my tent I get some photo’s of the river and have a chat to the other person staying in the camp. As I am charging up my camera batteras and my I phone I have a look at some tv( I only look at about 10 hours of tv a year if that) before having a shower and going to bed for the night







No comments: