Friday, July 22, 2011

some where to new plymouth

some where to new plymouth 63km

after packing up I start riding along S.H 45 untill I see the road that run's about 5 km out to a lighthouse and deside to go for a ride to the lighthouse -well it was a fun ride going to the lighthouse but a slow trip back as I had a nice tail wind going out but a stound head wind coming back (going out I was easy doing 25 km/h but coming back I could only do around 6 km/h) at the lighthouse I got some photo’s but did not stay to long as it was cold and hard to walk into the wind)back on S.H45  I went thought so small town looking as I was riding for a shop. near okato I did a side trip down one of the roads to the sea doing 48km/h with out needing to pedal along a flat part of the road at one point (I did 6 km/h coming back up the road )to look at an old ship wreck (the SS Gairlock  a coastal steamer that ran aground on a moonless night in 1903 )at okato I found a shop that was still open (most of the small town had  shop’s that had clostd down as people move away over the years) after getting food for the day I went over some some hills before getting into new plymouth losing the road map to the wind at one point( the wind speed got up to 100km/h in some parts of the day’s ride-with the wight of my gear keep  close to the ground on the bike friday the bike was stably in the hight wind it was only hard work riding  into a head wind also a few times when truck’s went past as the wind would be block for a bit as I was leaning the bike a bit into the wind(I had a mix of head wind and side wind over the day) going into the info center at Puke Ariki I found out where the camping ground are in town and the easy way to get to them (along the coust pathway) I got into the camping ground after a nice ride along the path way and sent up my tent up for 2 night so I could have a rest day and have a good look around town as I have not spend much time in new plymouth as in the past I was on the way to some where elso






No comments: