Saturday, March 19, 2016

Some where to some where else

A early start to the day as I'm up and on the road before sunrise  - it's a great day for riding : )  as the sun is starting to rise  I surprised a bunny that starts running down the road in front of me as I ride along the road (run bunny run: ) at times I  tape the brakes so I don't hit it  - after a few hundred meters it heads off the road into a paddock - in places there's some mist near the ground - looks like it's going to be a hot day on the bike again today - after a few hours I get out to the coast - at one point passing a road side café?  Done up like a castle 

From mirada it's a nice ride along the coast - one of the last times I bike this road I had heavy cold rain and strong head winds here- today it's hot and sunny day  with little wind) so a lot more nicer day for riding : )  riding towards Thames I stop for a bit at a café (called the bugger café  I think?) where as I'm looking around some one comes over to say hi - turns out that they been following me on Facebook (ta rider I think ? - funny how many people seem to know me and say hi when they see me on the road from the different Facebook pages I have/ Facebook groups/my blog ) after a bit of a chat it's time to get back on the road riding on roads to I get to kopu bridge (there's a off road cycle lane/walk way on the new bridge (i see the old Bridge is still there with a part on the bridge that used to swing open to let boats past the bridge to head up/down river)  from the Thames side of the bridge I Start riding on the cycle trail south (i did think about heading north up to Thames but in the end  deside not to on this ride) 

On the trail it's nice riding stoping at a few different places along the way for photos (i think I may of past the  500 km mark? of the tour Aotearoa route some where around here or something like that?)  after a stop at a road side café (with a fun name) I head to paeroa where I stock up on some more food (and get some photo’s of the big l&p bottle)  before heading back on the cycle trail riding until near dark where I find a place to camp for the night Some where on the trail

No comments: