Saturday, March 19, 2016

Matamata to river trail

Matamata to river trails

After packing up camp it's time to get back to riding : )   heading in to matamata I stock up on food  to last me to taumarunui (the next place that I will be passing with a supermarket)  then I head out of town on mostly back roads (yes the main road would be shorter and quicker to ride but where is the fun in that : )  there's a short bit of busy road to ride before turning off on to more back roads that run next to the  Waikato river  where a few km down the road I turn in to a small carpark  for the start of the river trails  - at the carpark there is information on the trail also on the old Horahora power station (what is now under water - Initially commissioned for the Waihi Gold Mining Company in 1914, the Horahora Power Station was submerged in 1947 when the Waikato’s Lake Karapiro was created)  from the site of the old power station the river trail mostly runs  next to the road  to little waipa domain  where after some thought I end up spending the night at

No comments: