Sunday, June 7, 2015

Back on the road

Back on the road

I'm packing up my gear to get back on the road tomorrow (with a fun new packing list to work from) - first up heading up to field days near Hamilton then on to Auckland before heading all the way North to Cape reinga to start a end to end bike ride - yep I'm going Cape reinga to bluff again by bike  - why one asks - well for a few reasons - yes I have done a end to end ride back in 2014 - that was a summer ride and I would like to see nz in winter time on a end to end ride as well, partly to give me something to do over winter time yet keep me fit as I do it  also my life has had some big changes in it from the last ride I did so it's a chance to see nz with fresh eyes and last but not least a simple why not go for a long bike ride

Will I be supporting/fundraising for a cause on  this end to end bike ride  - well at this point in time no thought at some point in time that may change (partly depending if a group or cause did  ask me to help them and it was a group or cause I agree with/get on with)

As for what roads will I be taking I'm looking at using some of  the same roads as my last ride in places and in other places picking different roads - will see what cycle trails I can fit in on the way as I head down the country on my bike

No comments: