Friday, January 3, 2014

Waitiki landing to awanui 80 km

Waitiki landing to awanui 80 km

After a bit of a sleep in I pack up camp and head south re-tracking the road back down the coast - there's only one road to the cape - though one can drive/ride up 90 mile beach if one takes care ( and yes I have done at I few times over the years : )

Riding back over the hills only stoping at te kao ( for a pie this time : ) I decide to take a longer break at pukenui to have a late lunch and cheek emails and Facebook seeing how people got though the new year : ) and posting some photos from the ride up to the cape : ) 

Then it's back on the road riding until I get about 8? Km from awanui where I stop  to deside where I'm spending the night - I end up heading for a place at awanui where I have stayed before to set up camp for the night at a camp ground / motel








No comments: