Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Kerikeri to some where 80 km

Kerikeri to some where   80 km 

Leaving the lodge a bit later then planed i do some food shopping for the next 100 or so km as I can't remember what shops there will be along the way . Getting out of town by around 11 am a passing a road to some water falls - might stop by to see then on the way south

After a few km of riding on a road with a bike lane I get to S.H.10 turning right to head north the road is slow going - after looking in the book I see why - the first 20 or so km is a slow climb up to 200 m  at one point passing a old bike on the side of the road (marking the place where a bike rider was killed in 2007 )  

Heading down a fun hill ( this hill might not be so fun when I'm climbing it as I head back this way in a few days ) I get up some good speed before the road leavers out for a few km as the town of kaeo comes in to veil  where I decide to stop for a ice cream  and look at the "the jandal fence" also see if there is any emails on the phone  then it's back on the bike for some mostly flat riding until the hills start - and just keep on coming - a mix of long climbs and short sharp climbs 

Stoping for a rest near mangonui? I get chatting to some some people there for about an hour or so before heading up the next hill passing a few towns? By the sea stoping at a shop for some food for tea I eat some more food as I try to work out where I'm sleeping to night I decide to just keep on riding and see what turns up 

At one point I see a sign for a camp ground so I stop to look it up on the internet to see what the coast would be - well for 1 person no power tent site they want to charge $65 a night - hum I don't think I be staying there any time soon with such rip off prises - all I need is a pice of dirt to put my tent and some where to get clean/go to the lo so I just keep on riding unto I decide to knock on some ones door to ask about some to put up my tent for the night - I end up putting my tent up in a near by paddock for the night around 10 pm





























   

No comments: