Wednesday, January 25, 2012

taumarunui to tahora lookout

taumarunui to tahora lookout

leaving the camp ground I head the 4 km back into town stocking up on food for the next 3 days (last shops until new Plymouth) going in to info center to find out info on the forgotten world highway only to find out they did not have much info on the bike trail (so have a good look on line before doing the bike trail) leaving town along the river road (S.H.43) there is a few small hills to warm up on before the big hills start and keep coming the land scape if a mix of farm land and bush with part of the road being gravel going though the Tangarakau gorge at one point the road passes though a nice old one lane tunnel  near the end of the day a nice framer gives me a drink as I was having a chat to them (it is a hot day with me going though nearly 4 L of water over the day (I have 4 drink bottlers and a camel back with me) I end up camping at a nice place at the top of tahora saddle ($10 a night) chatting with some people until late(i’m never any good at remembering the names of the people that I met on the road)
















No comments: