Thursday, January 26, 2012

tahora lookout to some where

tahora lookout to some where
after packing up and saying good bye to the people that I had meet the night before I heady down the hill and along the road stoping a few times to get some photos before getting in the  town of whangamomona where I had a look around the old pub and chat to some people (like the people from last night that just happened to be there at the same time as I was passing )for about an hour or so (when you have all day to get some where why rush : ) after leaving town I start the climb over whangamomona saddle going though a mix of farms and bush after the saddle the road is mostly flat until the pohokura saddle where I turn off S.H.43(the bike trail turns off the highway and takes a zigzag way to the coast to stay on back roads) the road is gravel with lots of bumps (bad washboard from the trucks)on the down hills going over the ? saddle there is around 2-3 inches of very soft sand and gravel mix right across the road in places making it very hard to ride in with the bike and trailer wanting to go all over the place also with the bike and trailer sinking down a few inches most of the time (so not nice riding at all) on the down hill. going along the road I miss the place that I was going to stay the night (an old school house at p? )as there is no sings I keep riding over move hills and though an old one lane tunnel riding along back roads until about an hour before dark when I knock of a framers door to a) find out where I was (I knew I was still on the bike trail I just did not know how any town were) b)to ask about some where to put my tent up for the night as it was getting dark I end up camping near an old bridge for the night











No comments: