Sunday, January 29, 2012

new Plymouth to some where 74km

new Plymouth to some where 74km

after packing up my tent and saying good bye to some new friends I leave the race course around 10 am and head in to town to get some food for the day before heading down to the coast bike/walk way. as I come up on the  pathway I see a few tents set up as bike fixing places - it turns out that it's an event called the big bike fix up where people can get they bikes cheeked over and basic fixing done for free as part of bike week(month?) so after chatting to some people for a bit about bikes I have the bike friday look over (ended up having a link taking out of the chain to help with the gearing)they also end up giving me some spare cables and break pads so a big thank you to the people who put the event on. leaving new Plymouth by the pathway I get back on the road at bell block and head over some rolling hills until I get to Urenui where I stock up on food for the next 2 days then after riding a near flat 15 km I start climbing up Mt messenger - just after the top there is a fun short tunnel to ride though and a very fun 5 km down hill where I get up to some fun speed going around some of the bends about 10-15 km/h faster the  road sings says to do it to do (only do this on a tour  when you know how the bike will handed with gear on ).after riding over some more rolling hills its time to find some where to set up camp for the night. I end up camping where I stay last time I was up in this part of NZ

No comments: