Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Some where to some where else : )

Some where to some where else : )

After packing up and a bit of a chat to the nice person who's place I stayed the night at its back on the road starting with a more climbing this time on a  bush lined road before getting to a high point then dropping down towards a car park and walk way to a very large 2000 year old tree so after locking the bike up I head a few Mims in to the bush to view the big tree (and take photos - partly as it's one of the photo stops on the tour Aotearoa ride - i do have some fun getting some good photos of my 2 soft toy travel companions in different places : ) before having a conversation with one of the people about different things including the tour Aotearoa ride event and about some of the many places that I have been to over the years by bike and on foot : ) 

Then it's back on the bike riding though more bush - did see a few other people doing bike touring - some going north others going south - and had a chat with some of them : ) after passing between to large trees close together (with the road running between them on a bridge like thing (to protect the roots of the trees?)   there's a bit of a climb then a long and fun if some what bumpy down hill ride to where there is a turn off to a camp ground /visitors center /other suff - I keep on the main road as it climbs up into farmland until I get to the top of the hill (where there is cell phone reception - there's a few messages on the phone including to call a friend at a bike shop about some parts )  before turning off the main road on a down hill gravel road (in places bad washboard ie rough bumpy road) it's a back road that links back up to the main road some km latter - partly gravel /tarseal with some up and downs along the way - onice I'm back on the main road I stop in at a severy  station for a pie and a check about a upcoming bit of road 

Then it's back on the bike taking the side road as per the ride notes - from here to dargavel my route (the tour Aotearoa route)  is on a mix of gravel and tarseal back roads at times climbing then dropping back down to the valley floor before one last climb that takes me into town - where after booking my upcoming trip across the harbour on a fishing boat) i get some food for the next few days (as my next shops will be at helesville)  before heading out of town on a no exit 60? Km long road (well I'm hoping I'm taking the right road as doing a 60 km hilly ride only to have to back track is not so fun : )  the road is up and down as it passes through a few small towns?  As it heads south - in many places there is road works (so lots of lose gravel on the road in places)  i keep riding until it's just about to get dark before picking a house door to knock on - in this case I'm seen as I'm heading down the driveway and waved to go around back - after a bit of a chat I'm giving the ok to set up my tent on they back lawn - then I'm invited in for a drink - and end up staying up late chating and seeing some TV including tenest games Australia open I think and a chat about tenes of all things (just some of the fun if some what odd things that happenes on long solo bike trips : ) then its time for bed for this now very tired girl : )

No comments: