Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Helesville to um helesville

Helesville to um helesville

Well the day did not go to plan -

The plan was to head into town to get a tire then start heading in to auckland - well there's not a bike shop in town as such - there is a place selling bikes I think but no one home with just a number to call? on the door and partly put together bikes laying around the place? After more looking around town with no luck I headed to the library /local community service center place to find a bus time table - after taking to the person at the desk I did find out 2 bits of information - that a) there was no where safe to leave my bike with my gear on it (and no where to put my bags off the bike as well)  - there's so rule agest it or something?  And  b)  the bus has a odd time table (what ever that ment?  - as I was leaving I made the point that public transportation in (auckland) nz is a bad joke with the only way to get many  places like in or out of helesville with out spending hours waiting (and it's is hours) is by using a car (or a few hour round trip by bike - that if I had a bike I could used that is (the tire issue) - remains me a bit like Mt summers down the south island where I got stuck for a few days after finding a crake in my bike Friday frame - there if you don't have use of a car you got a 20 km?  Walk to the next town that bus's do stop at as there is no public transport in or out of the small town yet bus's pass with in a km of it with out stopping - any how back to helesville - after some though I deside to lock up my bike (with just a bout all my gear on it besides hander bar bag that im taking with me) outside the library under what I'm hoping is some cameras (so I'm might at less get a view of any one who touchs the bike of gear - I can only hope for the best that my bike will be untouched until I get back some time latter in the day - then I head just up the road to the bus stop to hopefully wait for a bus to Westgate shopping center -  well the bus does turn up  more or less on time - it's a $5 fair to Westgate where I hop off the bus - well after a look around I find there's not a bike shop in the mail - but there is a warehouse store - let's see some warehouse stores do sell bike tires (at times I have got my bike Friday 20" and 12" (bike trailer) tires and tubes from the warehouse when I could not get then from bike shops - well they do sell tubes for $6 and are open longer hours then many bike shops are) - yes they do have 2 $ 15 26" tires in Stock so after looking them over I get then - well they only have to last until I can find /get sent to me some better tires - and I'm just not up to hunting around auckland by bus/train to find better ones - as it is just the trip to Westgate wipes me out and I fall asleep in the bus back to helesville waking up just in time to get off at the right stop (yep just about missed my stop) i dont tend to do well in big cities - so I'm not looking forward to having to ride though auckland - it's after 3 pm by the time I'm back in helesville so time for a new plan as it's to late to try to get though auckland in one go (photo I'd issues mean I don't have just about any where to stay in auckland over night)  so i send a message on Facebook to a new friend (thanks Kim for the help in getting in touch with some of your friends in helesville : ) that I met at a friends place up the way north during a horse camp (some friends from the horse world : )  with her getting in touch with a friend of there's who let me stay at they place for the night (big thank you to that person - sorry I forgotten your name) so spend the night chating and enjoying a good meal with good company before heading off to bed (and getting to slee in a real bed for a change : ) what was nice (besides having a few nightmares - not the fault of the nice people who put me up for the night - its just some suff from my past that I have to deal with)

No comments: