Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Some where else to helesville

Some where else to helesville

With 30 km?  To ride to the pick up point for my lift a cross the harbour I leave a bit later then planed - partly as one of the nice people who's place I spent the night at was having a good chat to me about different things and time got a bit away : ) -its always nice to hear different points of view on different subjects from other people  as different people have different out looks in life - how boring life would be if everyone thought the same way and looked at life the same way  - also in some ways taking to different people is a bit like giving and receiving gifts as both people lean for each other in some way : )

Once I'm back on the road there's more up and downs then some gravel road - at times other rides pass me in each direction - some stop for a chat others just keep riding on by in places the gravel road is hard to ride on because it's lose gravel right across the road (so a bit like trying to ride on lose marbles or ball bearings)  in places there is tarseal  the days ride is going ok until around 10? From the pick up point my front tire suddenly losses air (it's good thing I was going only  slowly at the time  as font tire flats can cause a crash) as i look at the tire for the cause - I soon spot the issue - the fount tire has failed with bits of the tire coming apart  - not good - let's see i got 10 km to go with X time to get there to get the boat -  let's see I got a tire boot in one of my pach kits so I use that with a few layers of duck tape to back it up onice the boot wears though (the big hole in the tire in in the middle of the trend so touchs the ground so wears on the road)

 it's a good thing that the last 10 km is mostly gravel as it means that the boot/duck tape will last longer - I do a quick tube change as 2 other riders stop to as if I'm OK - I show them the issue before saying I'm OK as they would not be able to help much as they head off I hear them  saying something about 11 o'clock?  - I hope the pick up time has not changed other ways I'm going to miss it with the tire issue causing delay - after pumping up the tire keeping a eye on the pach hole I give a slow test ride - it's still holding so it's back on the bike stoping a few times to check the damage tire before getting back riding  - at the end of the road there's a beach with people fishing (with some given me odd or unfriendly looks (what I take little notice of - not sure what the looks was for? -maybe because in some places people who live in a place don't like outsides? ) 

Im by now some what unsure if I had made it in time for the boat trip across the harbour - spotting 2 bikes near by I ask the owners if they was there for the boat?  Yes was the reply so I had made it - its a hot day so I find a bit of sade to hide from the sun  with my phone on - I get a call to say the yes I would be getting picked up that day and got ask if I had saw two other people on bikes (the two next to me as it turns out)  so i could pass the message on about rough time for the pick up - as it depends on tide and how the fishing going with the boat I'm getting the lift with (it's a $50 cost for the boat trip) - some time latter I'm get a 2th call to keep a eye out for the boat as it should be there soon - looking out to sea I spot a incoming boat so I let the others know before moving my bike and gear to the beach (taking off the bags as there is a ladder to climb up and lift the bike on board the boat (no jetty at the pick up place)  after the boat gets in i help move my bike and gear onbord - I seem to find the hardest way of doing it (i can blame my dyspraxia for that)  once bikes/gear and people are on board we head off to do more fishing (it's a carter fishing boat with 10-15 people on board out for a days fishing)   at first I'm ok then as we move from place to place I start to get sea sick - not fun - so if you taking the boat across the harbour and are likely to get sea sick you may want to take some thing for it before hand : )

   one of the people offers me some thing for the sea sickness but I have To wait until I'm a bit better to take it - wel it kind of works though it makes me a bit loopy (a bit like being drunk I guess?) hum something else to add to the list of things I can't take - odd side effects include at times having trouble staying awake for more then 10 min when off the bike for a few days - what ever was in the sea sickness suff don't play well with my head injury /dyspraxia suff as my legs and balance did play up for a few days after as well  - but besides sea sickness issues the boat trip was good as I hot to see some new places : ) 

after a bit of a chat with the boat owner it's deside to stay on the boat untill helesville (the boats home port) and stay the night at they place in my tent  getting in late around 8pm (so about 8? Hours on board) after dropping off the other people (fishing people) the 2 other riders and me get off before heading to the boat  sip to give the bikes a quick wash (to wash the sea salt off)  before heading to the boat people place for the night - another late night as the other riders and I got given a nice meal and chatting to late (time Flys when you with good people) before everyone headed off to bed for the night  - the 2 other riders staying in a carvan set up for passing riders - from what I hear they got a early start as for me I had a little job to do - hunting down a new tire in helesville or some where near by (west gate shopping center?) so i had a bit of a sleep in

No comments: