Saturday, July 24, 2010

training for taupo week one

it's week one of training for round taupo ride (out of about 16 weeks) -I'm training to ride 2 times around lake taupo this year

the plan was to ride 16,19,22,day off ,22,65,24km

so how is training going. its going ok i'm finding it a bit hard to do the km in the plan each day but it's not like most people as my week so far with one day to go went like this 27,27,28,day off,28,77km and have got 24 km to ride on sunday so I over did the km a bit- so far I should of done 144km but have done 187km why did I go over my km so far this week

because I went in to town most days this week -as I don't drive (and can't drive because of my dyspraxia and a few other things) to get around I go by bike as its about 7 km to get to a shop as I am staying at a farm over winter this year so its go by bike or walk 7 km each way to get to a shop or where the bus to town leaves from (I dont like to ask people for lifts as most of the time I need to spend more time doing suff in town or at the shops as ever think seem to take longer for me to get done so when I am own my own I can get suff done in how ever long it take me to get suff done)

and because I like to ride my bike down roads that I have not been down before

also when using road maps to work out how far some where is I find that road maps are flat-faced liars- they show roads that are not there at the same time not showing roads that are there ,they don't show where the hills are and when they do show the Distance the km's are often not right and the show towns that are no longer there


over the next few weeks as I ride around the small towns around 25-70 km from Palmerston north I should have a better idea how far its to each small town and which roads to ride each day for training also as the distance get more each week going to town won't mean go over the distance to ride most days

No comments: