Saturday, July 17, 2010

taupo to motutere bay

taupo to motutere bay 37 km
after packing my tent up I head into town to do a few jobs (like washing and putting the bus people back in they place )after some food and a hunt to find some where to fill up my water bottlers I head along the like side track -yes it is the long way out of town but I have all day to get to where I am going and it is a nice day day for riding . After taking a lot of photos and riding down some side roads I get back on to S.H.1 riding around lake taupo the road is mostly flat with just a few hills the big one being Hatepe hill-I get up the hill easily

what is a good thing about going slow on a bike-you get to spot things like money on the side of the road-I found a $20 note on the side of the road riding over Hatepe hill

on the way down the hill i met up with some one else on a bike riding around nz and he had been riding in Australia until the week before . a nice ride with just one other hill to go before the camping ground where I decide to spend the night

No comments: