Saturday, September 28, 2013

woodhill to auckland 23/09/2013


woodhill to auckland 23/09/2013 35 km?

leaving woodhill sands where i had been helping out at a horse over the weekend  I get on the road with a full touring load on for the first time in about 10? weeks taking it easy as I work my way to words auckland - at kumeu I pick up some auckland bike maps and decide to try out warm showers -its a website where people can host touring cycles . after a bit of a play I work out how to use the app on the phone and find some where to spend the night (that ending up becoming 3 nights because of some crazy weather ) 

using the bike maps i found a way into auckland using a mix of roads with cycle lanes , roads with no cycle lanes and a fun mix of off road bike trails - only got lost a few times and posted of a few kg of books and a few others things i don't need unto after the taupo ride 

I all so picked up a film slr camera with 2 lens and a flash - why a film camera? because A) i just don't have the money to get a good DSLR camera yet and B) its can be fun to play with film some times as you tend to think more about each photo- I leaned to take photos with a film camera so i still have a good idea what im doing when playing with then .

once I found my way to the place where im staying the night i do some reading for a bit before heading off to bed for the night


No comments: