Monday, June 4, 2012

a week off the bike


a week off the bike

Well, I'm now in te kuiti having got the train up from Palmerston north. I'm staying at my mums place for a bit as my bike is off the road as the bike needs some parts (this time the bottom-bracket and maybe the crank set replaced) so i have been spending the days reading and starting the planing for taupo (working on the big plan as well as starting to work out how to train better and have a better plan for the ride also working on back up plans for when thing don't go to plan in training and on the ride) i don't used a coach for my riding because a i don't have the money to hire one also finding one that can work with me would be hard- i tend to do thing my way as most of the time it's the only way i can do things 

 not having much body awareness as well as trying to deal with the other parts of my disables as I do the training and planing for the events that i do - things tend to take me longer to learn as well as the fact that i tend to um mis place the info on how to do things - some time i find the info latter other time I need to re lean it because of the dyspraxia -have a few head injuries don't help as there are big parts of my life i don't remember as well as the other thing i have prolings  with because of the head injury and other disables I have  

so on the bike training  is on hold until i get the bike back on the road some time this week or next week - it odd not riding on the bike most days as most of the last few years have been spent riding 3-7 days a week - about the longer that I can re member  having spent off the bike from the time that I got my bike friday would of been the 3 weeks or so after i got hit byBtu the truck back in 2008 only because i could not lift my hand up to hold the handle bars (as soon as I could do that I was back on the bike : )

just a note on word used and spelling

out of the words that I under stand i can only say around maybe 15-20 % of then so that most people can under stand what I’m saying. with my spelling its about maybe 5% of the words that i under stand - looking up a word can be hard work as if you don't know how to (or just can’t) sound a word its hard to find it in the dictionary ( the spell checker on the lap top helps a lot when doing the blog) each post on the blog takes around an hour to type up (some times more) i have been adding a lot of words to the spell checker like place names of where I have been
so if my blog or other typing has odd words used it maybe because i could not work how to spell the word that that I would of like to of used

No comments: