Thursday, June 21, 2012

time off the bike


time off the bike

Im still waiting for some bike parts - the last i heard was I might get then some time next week-I have replaced the bb so all I need to get now is a new crank set -I did a few test rides by reusing my old crank set but as it has some grovers cut into it from when the bb died on me ( as the bb came apart some of the bits cut into the spindle? of the crank set) I don't trust it not to fall on me in the middle of no where so until I get a new crank set i’m stuck in te kuiti staying at my mums place

on the up side its giving me time off the bike to do a few other things as well as giving the bikes a full over hall that i have been meaning to do for a few months I can and most of the time I will do the work on the bikes when they need work done on then Im slowly been getting the mt bike set up for off road touring - just need to work on a better bike fit (I had been getting sore hands when riding the mt bike over 50 km) and work out what to do about the front rack ( I may do a bike-packing set up using a frame bag and handle bar set up)

I also been slowing working thought my pile of books to read - its nice to not have to have lots of books to take up space on the bike when having to do a lot of reading ( most of the time I seem to have some where between 1-6 books on the bike when touring)

getting an hour of swimming in this week I did a lot of work getting my arms and legs to move at the same time in the pool -in the past it's not some thing that I have been able to do 99% of the time from what I can remember ( there is a lot in my life that I can only remember bits and pieces of I think I am starting to under stand why that is - not that it makes it any easier to deal with) so it looks like i’m slowly getting better at doing some things- a lot of it has to do with all the time that I have been spending on the bike over the last few years as well as the hapkido that I did for a few months last year what was a nice change from just spending all my time on the bike (doing hapkido is a good  core body work out )

some of my reading lately has been as I work on my training plan for taupo also putting together a plan for the ride - because of my dysables (ie my dyspraxia and other thing I deal with each day) Im having to do things my way - people who dont know what I have to deal with each day just to be able to ride and do other things each day tend to find my way of doings thing some what odd  or some say it cant be done that way- I have been  getting that a lot from people lately- not that I would let a little thing like that stop me from doing what I do in life : )

 as I don't get sore legs or tired the way most people get tired I do get more mentally tired then most because of all the extra work to get my body to do what I want it to do (dyspraxia suff mostly) I don't seem to get physically tired like most people do as  I seem to lake the feed back from my body (IM not sure how it should be as i have had dyspraxia all my life so I dont know whats it like for most people ) so a rest off the bike or sleep is more to rest the mind more the any thing 

 when I was doing the taupo ride last year I did hard a hard time keeping the bike going with the high winds- my legs was fine just all the work to keep the bike going where i wanter it to go was very hard mentally ( keeping the bike upright on a good day can be hard work for me any way) so I was burning thought my food faster then planed ( some thing to add to the ride plan for this years ride in case of bad weather) yes I could of giving up and stop the ride ( a D.N.F) but I don't give up that easily - every thing in my life I try to give it at lest 110 % that is to say I try to give it ever thing I can - yes I could have an easier life and not do much with my life but thats not living for me -Im aways looking to see what my next goal is and what I need to do to get there 

No comments: