Wednesday, May 23, 2012

manfield 6 hour ride 2012

manfield 6 hour ride 2012 

a few weeks ago i saw some thing about a bike ride in fielding - a 6 ride around as many laps of  an 3 km course (manfield race track) after spending some time going back and fore trying to decide if to enter it- its not an type of ride I do with 98% of the riders riding fast road bikes in groups - as 99% of my riding is on my own with a lot of long days bike touring at some where between 5-20 km/h. in the end I desidieit to enter it  using it as a longer training ride  also for some thing differ

doing a bit of planing so i would end up in fielding on the day before -doing a day of 72 km then a day of 80 km riding up the coast on s.h.1 I ender up setting up my tent at a friends place (thanks tim for letting me set up my tent at your place) 

on the day of the ride I got up around 7 am to get ready before heading just down the road to the track for the start of the ride -after getting my ride number and tunsporder? and getting in place for the start it was time for the 6 hour ride to start with most of the riders riding in groups - as this was a training ride for me and not a race I keep one eye on my what my heart rate was. the first 10 laps I did at a faster pase to warm up before setting down to a 25-30 km/h pace keeping my heart rate below 180 bpm- using my heart rate to work out what speed to ride at doing the odd spirt now and then to see how fast I could get up to for  bit of fun : ) heart rate was between 155-175 bpm on the ride with the odd 180-190 bpm when going faster(around 40 km/h max)

most of the time I was In big chain ring in fount the  smaller 3 gears in the back - not some thing I ride in much as 85% of my riding is in middle chain ring when touring

as I was not able to pick the food I used on other longer rides (hammer) I used musle bars for the ride going though around 16 of then -having one about event 10 km of so having a drink at around the same time - at times i had to slow down a bit as my blood suigers went up and down ( around the 2 and 4 hour mark) it work ok but it would of been better for me to of used the hammer food and drink like i do on my other riders (better to find suff like on training rides then part of the way though a big event in the middle of no ware)

I did 98% of the ride on my own (not in a group like most of the other rider) as I wanter to find out how fit I was also to try a few ideas out on longer rides that meant riding at diffice speeds

No comments: