Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Palmerston north to eketahuna 50 km


Palmerston north to eketahuna 50 km 

after doing the few last jobs in town (and one job 12 km out of town) I get back to where I have been staying and start pack up my gear - by the time I leave town its around 3 pm - as I have a place in mind for where I’m staying the night I keep riding. working my way up the long hill I find it easy after all the hills that i had been doing down the south island. at the top I stop for some photos before riding down the other side of the hill. as the sun starting to set I stop to put on my bike lights for some night time touring as I am doing that the rubber O ring the holds my front light on breaks so I end up using a cable tie to hold it on (all ways carry a few cable ties when out riding as there are good for fixing thing on the bike) back on the road heading down back roads until I get to S.H.3 - there not as many cars at night time and the seem to give me more room then in the day time. it's a nice night for riding with no rain and not much wind In a few places there some road works like on one of the longer up hills where my back wheel starts to slid around a bit in the mud. passing though the town of eketahuna on the way to the camp ground ($5 a night) I get a few odd looks by some of the people in town.coming down the last hill into the camp ground I see some of my friends around a camp fire so after setting up camp I head over to the camp fire chats to friends for a few hour before heading off to bed for the night having done around 80 km on the bike for the day



No comments: