Tuesday, June 7, 2011

6 month’s out from the ride

 6 month’s out from the ride

training for the ride is doing ok i have got the bike friday back on the road after it had been off the road for about the last 3 week  so I went for a little bike tour over the weekend( I have been using my mt bike that is my back up bike over the time the bike friday has been off the road wanting for some parts from bike friday in the usa (it can take around 2 weeks for me to get suff in the mail from when it is sent to me to me getting it) as my mt bike is not set up for long road rides (over 80 km) I have not been doing as many long rides as i would of like to have got done in the last few week .Now my bike friday is back on the road( A big thank you to bike friday  for all the help getting the bike all fix up) I can start doing the long rides each week. most of my daly rides are around 30-50 km long so I’m riding around 200-300 km each week doing around 10% more km each week-well that is the plan as some week’s I do more then the 10%

a few weeks ago I some how sprained  my left wrist well at lest thats what I think I did  to it anyway. theres not much I can do about it beside strapping it up and  keep riding thought the pain when it is sore( my wrist are some what weak from old injuries so Im used to  having to strap then up)

I’ m still working on bike set up as what works for 100 km rides may not work on 600+ km rides and working on to do list’s and other lists- what gear to take, back up plans, what to eat  and drink on the ride ( And in training) working on my next training plan ,what needs to be replace on the bike as parts wear out on the bike and other gear that need’s  fixing or replacing

I have been doing a lot of reading on bike riding there not much out there on riding over 300 km- there is a lot on how to ride fast like in racing and on light gear and bikes (I don't race on the bike  the weight of my bike is around 12-14 kg set up for long rides and touring -I can go fast when I want to thought the bike is geared for touring on(with low gears for going over steep hill's)-it's not set up for racing (If I was in to racing on the bike I would use a bike like bike friday's Pocket Rocket. I’m using gear that last well and works for me on the bike and can be fixed or is easy to find on the road - I use dura ace bar end shifter's not sti shifter's as they are easy to work on and are lower cost to replace (I may do a blog post with a full list of what I have on my bike's and how they are set up) some times I have to fix things on the side of the road in the middle of no where- it's some thing I have done a few times over the years)

No comments: