Thursday, June 23, 2011

a week off training and a small set back

I am taking a week off training this week as I can spend some time to catch up on a few things(like cleaning up my laptop and going thought my hard drives getting rid of old file's) and trying a few new thing's - I do have a life out side of spending all my time out on the bike and all the other things that go with doing  the taupo ride I am also giving my body some time to rest so i don't over do thing's

on monday I had a small set back with training on the bike. Going to the bike shop to get the back wheel of my bike friday fixed up. I do most of the work on my bikes as I am used to having  to fix thing's on the bike on the road but there is a few job's that I still go to the bike shop for.  When I went to pick it up I found out that I had spit in the rim so I need to get a new rim and the wheel rebuilt with new spokes I am using my old back wheel so i can keep riding (and keep up with the training) the old wheel will last a few weeks of riding but I will need to get the wheel done some time soon -I will be getting the work done  on the wheel when I can find a way to pay for it(it will be around $250 for the parts and for the rebuld of the wheel )


time for a new rim

No comments: