Tuesday, April 27, 2010

on a bike tour

palmerston north to eketahuna 62km

time to go some where on a bike tour

after spending 1/2 the night packing (now where did I put all my camping gear ) I get on the road about 9am as I‘m going to eketahuna hard camp (what starts in a few days) I have got my long bow on my bike trailer with a flag on the end of the bow as the bow is about 1.6 m long so sticking out about 50 cm behind the trailer. a side trip up to the shop to get some food then up the pahiatua track that goes over the tararua range. stopping at the top to get some photos then a fast down hill to the tune off where I go along the back roads thought a few small towns then onto the main road S.H.2 to the small town of eketahuna where I go and see a friend for a bit then head up to the shop to get some food for the next 2 days then I head down to the camping ground and set up for the night.

No comments: