Sunday, August 18, 2013

It's a good day for a bike ride

Good 70 km bike ride. Weather was great ( no rain : ) took a new way into town for the first 6? Km ( a fun little back road that's  gravel and links up about a km from my friends place and s.h.1 ) onice I got to town I decided to do a loop going to see the new lifting bridge ( part of the bridge lifts to let sailing ships in to the town docks? ) got side track by the bmx track and had a chat to some people at the track (and yes I did do one slow loop of the bmx track - no jumping - yes my bike has 20" wheels but no its not a bmx bike : ) the new bridge has wide footpaths on each side of it - looks like they still building the paths as the ones on the bridge don't go any where yet  - the night ride back to my friends place was fun - not many cars onice I got out of the city  the moon was near full? With lots of light - could even read my bike comper ( to see how fast and how far I go ) by the light of the moon-  even go a nice tail wind on the way home 

No comments: