Saturday, December 22, 2012

An up date what I have been up to over the last few weeks

Hi all -I'm still here

I had a busy few weeks lately -

I had an DNF at the Taupo fun ride dur to getting some ash in my eyes from the mt ( I will say more in a post about Taupo ride if I ever get around to it ) I did end up doing 3 laps - some where around 500 km over 2 1/2 days on the bike

just some of the places I been after the taupo ride are Taupo to rotorua by bike the a lift in a car to tauranga , spent 2 days at a friends place there before spending around 24 hours in Auckland flying each way for the Attitude awards where I was a finales ( and no I did not win - I'm to busy living my some what crazy life to worry about such things- at any right I only wish to show that just because some is disable that they still do sport and have a life ( over the years of living on the road I have found out ways to live the life that I choose to live : ) then about 48 hours in Hamilton then back to tauranga ( getting a lift by car each way by car ) before spending a few days tramping around lake waikaremoana in the te urewera national park ( a 2 day hitchack in then a 3 day 45 km tramp with full camping gear then a 2 day hitchchach out back to tauranga before heading to Taupo in a day on the bike (140 km) to help at in horse event for a week then a lift in a horse truck up to Hamilton where I just spent the last week standing at a friends place helping out where I can : ) and trying to work out what next to do with my life : )

I will be taking a break from helping out at horse events for the next 6-12 months- after spending the last 10? Years helping out it events I need a break from to shows as there is a few things and places that would like to do and see that have been on hold because of the time the show take also because of just how much Helping at the events take out of me.

I'm still working out just where I'm heading for next- maybe the South Island ? Theses still a few places there I have not been to yet : )

Maybe next year I will be starting the t trail what is an 3000? Km tramping trail the runs from one end of nz to the other taking around 6 month to walk it - that's if my legs and back ( and shoulder's ) hold up to the load of doing the trail- I was looking at starting the trail this year but would only have the time to do the north island because of the weather ( by the time I would got to the South Island the may of been snow on the trail )

As my lap top is on its last legs I have pick up an ipad on a Vodafone plan to replace it so it may be some time before I fully chach up on this blog ( that's to say I'm still getting the hand of doing things like typing on it : )

No comments: