Tuesday, March 6, 2012

otumaire to bulls

otumaire to bulls

after packing up camp I head a long the road beside the river before starting the first and only big hill of the day. as I slowly ride up it a few cars go past (on this road you might see about 5-10 cars a day) on of then stop -it's the care taker of the convent where I stayed the night so I had a little chat before climbing up the rest of the hill. At the summit of Aramoana there is  a look out over the river valley near by there is a sign that says some thing like give way to up hill traffic . enjoying to nice down hill ride though the trees I get to the end of the river road where I turn lift to head in to wanganui . it takes me a few mins to get use to all the cars as i ride in to town. I have a look around town  picking up a new camera from a 2 hand shop as Im not happle with the one I have (its slow and only 4 MP that said it only cost me $35) my new camera is 14 MP  and cost me $65 (it’s a panasonic lumix DMC-LS5) leaving wanganui I head along S.H .3  stoping to have a look at an old block house from the  land wars after some food it’s back on the road to the town of bulls where after a look around the town I head out  to a friends place to spend the night when I get there my friends are going out to a free conset in a park and ask me if I would like to come -after saying yes I find I fun that I got up this morning  at a camp site in the middle of no where at sun up and is now whching the sunset at a conset with lots of other people (the life of a bike tourer is spent doing new things each day at new places with new friends) after getting back from the show I set up camp for the night and go to sleep  































No comments: