Wednesday, September 14, 2011

why I’m doing 4 times around around lake taupo this year

why I’m doing 4 times around around lake taupo this year

well it starter back in march as I was coming back from the horse of the year show riding thought the Manawatu gorge ( a friend had giving me a lift from the show to woodville)as I was riding thought the gorge  I got thinking about the taupo ride and which of the ones that I was going to do this year as last year I trained for and did the 2 times round ride (part of the resing for doing the 2x ride was because I like to see how far I could ride my bike also to make up for my DNF of the year before as my back rim spit 30 km in to the ride  in 2009 I first did the  160 km round the lake ride in 2008 I was thinking about just doing one lap this year then as I thought about it some more I desided to look into what I had to do to do the 4 lap ride as It sounded like fun I remember  having a chat to one of the 4? riders who was doing the 4 laps last year and they said I should try it one day so after a lot of homework I have desideit to go for the 4 x ride (640 km) this year as it is  a good challenge for me to aim for as the most km that I did on a ride before taupo last year was 210 km (doing the last 110 km of the 320 km 2x taupo ride last year was a bit of mind over matter for me) I had I lot of fun on the ride last year looking at the landscape as I was working my way over the hills seeing the sun rise as I went around the lake maybe in a few years I may try the 8 lap ride round the lake . I like to push my limits and the limits that other try to put on me when they say that I can’t do some thing or that it can’t be done

No comments: