Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Just an update on what I been up to in the last few weeks

I'm typing this as i stay at at a friends place in levin as I plan where I'm heading next on the road  so what have I been up to from doing the grape ride 

Well After leaving the place I stayed the the night of the grape ride I get on the road heading along the back roads to blenheim and on to picton stoping for some food -about 7 km out of picton one of the trailer tires sweds so after some though I deside to start pushing the bike towards picton knowing even if I don't get a lift I will get there in a few hours - well the first car that stopped had no room of the bike and trailer so I keeped walking until a nice police man stopped to see if I was ok - after a bit of a chat and some work getting every thing in the police car I get I lift with then to a camp ground for the night 

The next day I start walking back into town ( with the bike and gear ) after walking most of the way in to town some one in a work van gives me a life the rest of the way into picton where after walking around town a bit I find some where to put the tent up for the night

The next day I get the ferry to Wellington and end up spending a few weeks helping some friends out at they place as I have a few issues with the bike that take some time to work out - once I get all the issues fixed I get back on the road deciding to find out if one can in fact bike out of Wellington ( in the past I have got the train north ) well after some map work using the Wellington bike maps I find a way using a mix of off road tracks, cycle lines and back roads - I stop for a day in porirua on the way out of the city before doing a day/night ride to a doc camp site near otaki ( where I spend a day reading a few books that I picked up in porirua ) then it's a short ( around 25 km ) ride to levin and on to where a friend is doing some house siting so I end up staying with then for a few days as I work out where to go next : )  

No comments: