Thursday, November 3, 2011

the plan for taupo

the plan for taupo

here is my plan for the taupo ride -some of it is still being work on 

I will be leaving Palmerston north around the 17/11/2011 taking 3-4 days to ride up to taupo going a mix of S.H.1 and back roads

In taupo I will be staying at the nation equestrian center out at Aratitia (or maybe at Reids farm - I will decide where I will be camping when I get up to taupo) I will be spending the time that I am in taupo before the ride to have a good look around and do some riding (just short rides so I don't over do things )

 my plan for the ride

I’m looking at getting in to taupo around 7:30 am on friday so that I have a few hours before the start to do the last min things like picking up my riders pack I’m looking at being ready to go around 9:30-9:45 am with the ride briefing at 10:15 am and the start of the ride at 10:30 am - so if any one wants to see me before the start of the ride come and see me before 10 am

as for support crew my mum may be able to help on the first lap(I will know for sure closer to the time if she can still help me with that) with 2 of the laps some friends (one is  doing the 2 lap ride) said that they should be able to give me a hand ( still working on that part of the plan) I do have other plans if my mum or friends cant be there to give me a hand-when doing planing I like to have a few back up plans for if  things change  

food and drink
I will be using hammer perpetuem and heed (+ some gel’s ) for fuel and drink - I have room for 4 water bottles on the bike (for the perpetuem and heed) on my back I will have a camelback with 1.5 L water in it (if it is a how day I will full up my camelback with water in taupo and turangi)   my back up plan for refueling is mixing the perpetuem and heed in taupo at the start of each lap

sleep
It this point in time im not sure where I will have a short sleep I will decide that on the ride as I see how I go on the day (last year before the start of the 2 lap ride I only had a hour of sleep and did ok on that- when I start to get tired I will  start to look for some where to sleep then : )

gear
if I have the time before the ride I will do a post (on the blog ) on what gear I will have on the bike with me and what I will be wearing as I ride around the lake

fixing suff on the bike
in case some thing stops working on the bike I will have some tools and  a few spare parts with me on the bike and will work out a way to keep riding (as I do a lot of bike touring I am used to fixing the bike on the side of the road )I will also have a small first aid kit on the bike

This is the plan as of 03/11/2011 - some of it may change once I get to taupo and also on the day (weather and other people and suff like that) so if any one would like to ask me some thing to do about the 
plan or other suff to do with the ride just leave a comment or email me

No comments: