Monday, September 13, 2010

Hastings to Napier

Hastings to Napier 42 km

up at 6:30am so i spend a few hours playing on the laptop before packing up my gear and getting on the road. On the way into town I stop at Oak Avenue where there is a lot of oak trees along the road that were planted in the 1860s having a play with my camera for about an hour before heading into to hastings (I had spend the weekend helping out at a horse show near hastings) at the info center I find out how to get on to one of the off road cycle ways to get to Napier . after a bit of map work I get on to the cycle way and head down the path way stoping the the gates (taking the bike trailer off to get thought the gates) and having to go back at one point about 1 km to get my bike flag (on the bike trailer) that had came off going thought the gate. on the way into Napier I saw a friend that I had meet in the south island and stopped and had a good chat before heading into town when the storm that I saw coming all the way from hastings hit. I got in to my rain gear and went to the library for a few hours before seeing a friend from taupo fun ride who I stay the night with.




No comments: