Sunday, June 8, 2014

Taupo to turangi 60 km

Taupo to turangi 60 km

Heading into town from the place I stayed the night I head for the bike shop to pick up a 40 mm headset spanner ( I have one but need two to work on the headset on the bike friday ) also picking up some spare break pads as some of the roads I ride are a long way from and bike shops. Heading to a few other shops looking for maps for the next week of riding - after trying a few shops with no luck I head for the info center and find a map to help find my way though the maze of back roads that I'm

riding. Heading to the Linley? To charge up my phone and gps track also to read a few books then it's off to the supermarket for some food then I'm on the road south by around 1 pm riding a few rolling hills out of town . The road runs beside the lake passing a small town or two before it's time to start climbing up the big hill of the day the weather is off and on showers for most of the day the climb is a fun mix of somewhat steep but short climbing and less steep but longer climbs then its time to enjoy the down hill back down to lake side . The road climbs a round a few buffs then pass's a few very small lake side towns the road then runs though some wet lands? On the way to turangi getting into turangi around 5:30 pm turning off S.H?1 as I will be taking mostly back roads and cycle trails to Palmerston North and on the Wellington from now on having a look at the phone I head to a friend of a friend place to stay the night 

No comments: