Sunday, June 8, 2014

Lake inathe to franz josef

Lake inathe to franz josef
after some what of a late start i get on the road heading over a few rolling hills and a stop at pukekrra before the big hill of the day - Mt. hercules what I climb slowly taking it easy in low gear - just as I was looking forward to the fun steep down hill i see there is road works so I don't get to go fast this time : ) after the big hill near whataroa theres is a west cost road block- cows crossing the road : ) back riding I pass lake mapourika (doc camp site around 15 km out of franz josef) getting into the town of franz josef (franz josef glacier) in the rain (only around the 3 time? when its rained on me so far on this end to end ride )I do some food shopping before heading for the doc info center to find some where to stay the night - I end up staying in my tent at a backpacks for around $18? -top 10 camp ground is around $40 a night. at the backpackers where im staying there is free soup and wifi as part of the deal so I spend a few hours on line then a fire alarm goes off (fost alarm) before heading back to my tent for the night 

























No comments: