Saturday, April 30, 2016

Patea to wanganui  75 km

Patea to wanganui  75 km

Getting on the road a bit later then planed I ride through a few small towns - I did stop at Waverley for a bit of food including some chocolate (jelly tip - a bit like the ice cream) because - well it's been awhile that I got some chocolate and why not (that said I'm cutting down on chocolate and other "junk food c as much as I can - some days are better than others with that : ) then its back on the road riding over rolling hills until I get into town/city of wanganui/whanganui? (Some spell it one way-others spell it the other way)  around 3 pm where I head to the info center to see if a place I camped at before is still open for camping (a free doc camping place) - it's still around ( note - I was planning on staying there but because of some thing that happened near foxton I did not stay there as planed on this ride)  then it's off to the supermarket for the next days food - as its a public holiday in nz tomorrow (Anzac day) the shops are closed until at less 1pm  so I'm doing tomorrow's shopping tonight    - I was hoping to get in some more riding but with it getting late in the day (daylight)  I end up staying the night at a some what over priced camping ground (top 10 -  $22 a night per person for a tent site)   - i spend a few hours setting up a new Facebook page for my upcoming lake Taupo ride this year before heading off to bed for the night

No comments: