Saturday, April 30, 2016

Day off the bike in porirua

Day off the bike in porirua

I have a planed day off the bike today
It's nice to I don't have to pack and move camp today and sleep in as much as I  like   - latter in the day I go for a 6 km walk into town and back Including visiting the library for a few hours before looking around town some more before heading back to the camp ground just on dark

Porirua to Wellington
A bit of a late start what's not a issue as I only got around 20-25 km to ride and have until 2am to get to the place the ferry to picton leaves from - it takes a bit of route finding to find the right roads to take to get into Wellington with a bit of a fun  hill to climb over on the way - I did stop for a break at Johnsonville before taking a fun down hill and   taking a cycle path/Lane route to the train station (the ferry I'm taking leave from across the road from the station  - getting to the ferry around 2 :30 pm I now have a 12 hour wait until my ferry leaves at 2:30 am so I'm killing time by typing up trip notes : )

No comments: