Monday, April 2, 2012

edward stream to pines camp 58 km


edward stream to pines camp 58 km

getting on the road about 8 am I climb over a small hill and along a flat bit of road until I get to the town of lake tekapo where I stop to some photos before heading down the te araroa trail along the side of an canal until I get to S.H.8 where after an stream crossing (yep the water was very cold) I start riding beside the canal - a few km past a one lane bridge a car stops and tells me that they are doing some drilling on the road and I would need to go back to the one lane bridge and go down the other side of the canal to bypass the drill rig ( the te araroa trail run down the side of the canal on a gravel road) - the road on the other side is a tar seal one . so after back tracking a few km I cross over the one lane bridge and get on to the tar seal road riding along passing a fish farm (the fish farm is in the canal) along the way. having a chat to some people before a fun down hill ride down to lake pukaki ( the water from the canal is feed into 2 big pipes the feed into an power standing) after getting some photo of the power stanting i do some road riding until I spot some new signs for one of the new cycle ways - deciding to go along the new cycle way to see what its like - its a 2?m off road track that is a nice mix of some up and down with a few flat bits. riding until I get to the pines camp ground where I decide to set up camp for the night -after setting up camp i have a chat to some people for a bit before looking at the sun set and going to my tent for the night















































No comments: