Friday, July 15, 2011

going on a bike tour

going on a bike tour

on monday I’m off on a 3-4 week bike tour -yes I know it is winter time. Why now? It’s been over a year from the last big bike tour that I did and I like to go on at lest one long bike trip each year (more the better)  so where i’m I going on this trip ? I going to see some friends also go a few place’s that I not been to before on the bike (maybe even a few places that I never to before in my trips around New Zealand) 

here is a list of some of the place’s that I’m thinking of going to on this trip- Wanganui, Hawera, New Plymouth, Te Kuiti (where my mum lives), Hamilton, Paeroa, Thames, Tauranga(to see some friend’s),Opotiki,east cape,Gisborne, Napier. I’m not sure how many place’s I will get to on the trip(if I run out of time I can just fold up the bike and get a lift back to palmerston north with some one)

what about my training for  the taupo ride - I will still be doing the training I will just have some new roads to train on each day as I ride around parts of the north island 

No comments: