Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Part rest day in Auckland

Part rest day in Auckland 
I got a appointment at a spa today that my friend who save me last night set up and pay for- so what I'm doing at a spa  one might wonder? Well I'm getting my eyebrows done  -After some thought I decide  to walk into onehunga taking my time to look around wearing  some nice clothes and my long boots instead of taking the bike ( leaving my bike and gear at the place I spent the night ( after asking if it was ok first) then taking the train to ellerslie ( where the spa is )  the spa suff was fun though I had a few issues with my dyspraxia causing a few odd things ( to do how and where I feel pain - in this case even though it was my eyebrows getting done it feet like some one was doing some thing with my legs ) after the spa suff I decide  to get a bus to Newmarket to look around the shops there then a 2th bus back to near where I stayed the last night 

Once I got back to where  my bike and gear was I packed up my tent deciding  at the last minute to keep the nice clothes and long boots on as its only about a km of riding down to the train station at onehunga and about a km or two of riding up queen st to where I'm spending the night - it works out ok thought for any thing more then a km or so it's best if I use my bike shoes and clip in other way my feet to to come off the pedals a lot ( dyspraxia suff )  

After walking up part of queen street (5 o'clock traffic) I get to where I'm spending the night - it's a motel- part of the suff I'm going to be doing over the next 2 days in Auckland so it's some one else has set it up - all I need to do is go to the front desk to pick some thing up - then the fun begins as I get asked for photo I'd - well after telling the nice person at the desk about why I don't have any I'd ( that I just changed my name and gender and explain a few other things like my bike ) they let me have the room key before I took my gear to my room and went for a walk to find some food to dinner. Had some fun people watching as I walked down queen st  before heading back to the motel and bed   :  ) 

No comments: