Sunday, August 5, 2012

training ride 23/7/2012 63 km


training ride 23/7/2012 63 km

well it's not raining or lots of wind so it must be time for a bike ride - not that I would let a little thing like wind or rain stop me from riding my bike ( I'm not made of sugar like many road cycles seem to be as the spend the winter stuck on they indoor trainers( in other worlds - Get out and ride your bike ! )

 I decide to head into town going the other way starting by going out to the coast to north patana crossing over the long foot bridge to south patana - finding my way is easy as most of the side roads are no exit road - the road starts to climb over a few hill before dropping back down to the sea passing by a small town with the odd shop back at sea level I stop about 1/2 a m off the road to check my phone for emails one of the passing trucks  passes me with in around 2 inch -must be one of the few crazy truck drives like the one who hit me back in 2008 - there days I don't let the few crazy drives spoil my time riding on the bike. 

riding beside the sea working around the bays until I get to a built up aran and head over a winding hill to I get to a round about where the road is rip up( road works) its times like this I’mI'm happy that I have strong small wheels with 1.75 wide tires on (I don't have to worry about rough roads as I have taking the bike off road with this set up with the wheels). heading in to the city center crossing over the harbor/river on an old road that has been reused as a place for people to enjoy the harbor (also for thing markets and other events) 

finding my way a round town I head to the bike shop for a few a few things like a 2nd tail light before getting a road map at the book shop and sone food at the super market then its time to put the light on the bike and find my way out of town going a difficult way then last time passing a bush walk before starting a climb over a few long hills then its back on the road that I was on last time- going down some of the hills at 40+ km/h was fun (in a good way) and a good test of my lights - i need to find a better way to mont the front light as it tends to move a round a bit when I go over bumps.

 riding beside the river was nice beside one point just before the start of the last hill when I found a new use for my front panner rack as a posson runs out in front of me - that posson is going to have a sore head latter as it bounce of the front rack (possons around here must not be used to night time bike riders yet : ) after getting back up to speed after that darn posson I work my way up the last hill of the day then on to a short and fun down hill to my friends place having done 63 km today-so a good day out on the bike

No comments: