Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Last post before my Taupo bike ride

With only a few days before the ride I'm a bit worry about the ride as this is the first time I have try a bike ride this long (over 325 km - what I did this time last year doing the  2 lap ride( then aging the most I had done on the bike in a day before that ride was 220 km) so doing the 4 lap 640 km ride this year is a big test for me - training can be hard work as there is few people that have have what i have ( dyspraxia + head injures as well as a few other things like getting hit by a car when I was 13? ) and rid as many km as I do ( around 10,000 km in the last year) I have not been able to get all the training in that I would of like because of a few set backs also because of how my dyspraxia is I don't get sore legs if I over do things so I have to be very carefull  not to over do things and over train as I may hurt some thing and not know it -I do feel some pain when i hurt some thing but not as much and not in the same way that most people do so this year I have been taking more time to recover from training then what I did last year also I did a lot lest longer rides ( over 100 km) this year doing more speed work to get my avery speed up to around 23-27  km/ h ( up from the 15-20km/h avery speed that I was doing last year on training rides

All there is to do now is a few last min jobs like giving the bike one last look over , having a chat to some friends who will be helping me on the ride and a few other things- I will be picking up my ride bag on friday a few hours before the start of the ride ( the ride starts at 10 : 30am sharp on friday-25/11/2011

Sent from my iPhone

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are very ambitious attempting this ride - hope you enjoy it and get through safely. Margo