Sunday, November 21, 2010

some where to taupo

some where to taupo 95 km

getting up around sunup (I had a wet sleeping bag from a leaking drink bottle ) I get on the road around 6:30 am only to find my bike computer had stop working so I spend about 45 min trying to get it to work (i think it needs a new battery)I end up using my GPS for the rest of the day .The road is a mix of up and down with more down then up (going from 1070m down to 360m near lake taupo) about 10 km from Turangi I spot 2 people on touring bike and have a chat to then before getting in to Turangi where I stock up on water and then start riding around lake taupo .the road between Turangi and taupo is mostly flat with just a few rolling hills near motutera bay and the hatepe hill (also the odd hill coming in to taupo)It’s a winder day and there is white caps out on the lake. I saw 3 other touring cyclist’s going the other way. I get into taupo around 2pm doing a bit of shopping in town before heading out to reads farms (a fee camping ground near taupo) where I set up camp for the night.

No comments: