Wednesday, May 26, 2010

masterton to hamilton by bike and train

after packing up my tent and having a look around town I went to the train station to get the train from masterton to wellington -bike are free on this train -getting into wellington about 15 mins late (not that I worry about suff like that) i went along the water front to find the the info center to get a map of wellington and to work out where to spend the night then off to see the esnz ofice to do a few things before getting a train out to porirua to one of the few camping grounds near wellington.

After a bit of map work i find out where the camp ground is (up a big hill) where I book in for 2 night at $10 a night and set up my tent the next day I go for a walk in to porirua where there is a few big shopping centers that I have a look around and then spend most of the day in the library (yes I do spend a lot of time in librarys) after dark i walk back up to the camping ground and pack up some of my gear so there is lest to to in the Morning as it will be a early start as i need to get a train back into wellington before getting the the train north

up at 4:15 am to pack up my tent and get down to the train station to get into wellington before 6:45 am (so I can get my bike on the train north easy) at porirua station a pack my back into its case (the bike trailer) so I can get it on and off trains easy (also because wellington trains only take 2 bikes on each train I know i can get on the train to wellington on time and not miss the train north ) I get in to wellington train station and find out where the train going to hamilton leaves from (the other side of the station -good the thing the case with the bike in it has wheels on it) after getting on the train I find out i missed out on a window seat so I spend most of the trip out on the front of the carriage looking at suff going past and taking photos

at about 5:30 pm the train gets into hamilton where I take the bike out of the case and ride off to find the camping ground for the night

i still working on how to add photos on to this blog





























No comments: